Building a website for a high school provides a unique set of challenges. The trick here was to provide a site with a rich set of features, including a beautiful news story module with pictures, and to make it very readable and easy to update.
I believe that we were more than successful with the resulting site, which was launched in October 2010.
- News Headlines Animated Slide Show - Features beautifully laid out photos with news headlines. The module is easily updated by school staff and always rotating with the latest news.
- Contact Module - We provided a module that allows people to sign up with Vertical Response quickly and easily. Now school staff can send out e-mail blasts to parents with ease.
- Donations - By linking to Facebook Causes, we provided an easy way for funders and parents to donate money to the school..
- Facebook Integration - An integrated module shows the number of people who have "liked" the MSEL facebook page plus their photos.
- Newsletter - On the newsletter page, latest updates sent out via e-mail blasts are shown to all visitors to the Website.